Why should you watch our webinar on making the move from accounting to ERP? See the difference between off the shelf software and an integrated business management platform.
- Are you able to monitor KPI’s in line with your specific industry compliances?
- Are you able to support the decisions you are making with real-time data and actual scenarios?
- Do you understand the real cost of sale and do you have enough insight into sales and purchase cycles to carry your business to the next level?
- Does this impact the way your stakeholders see you in the market? Are you confident breaking into new markets?
- Are you able to control the uptime of your assets to increase the bottom line?
- Is asset management more pain than it is worth?
- Are you spending more time on what’s going right or what’s going wrong?
- Are you able to support your sales strategies and can you turn risk into profit?
- When is the right time to re-invest into the business?
9 Steps to move from accounting to ERP
Step 1: Outline the business critical issues you want to resolve
An accounting package is fine when you start out, but when you grow you need more. Find out how to cope with a migration from a simple accounting package to an integrated business management system.
Step 2: Make a list of requirements before looking at solutions
Step 3: Consider the functionality that you need
Step 4: Think about the future
Step 5: Understand the budget available
Step 6: Understand your user count
Step 7: Decide how you want to report
Step 8: Decide where you want your data to reside – Locally or in the cloud?
Step 9: Decide on your long term technology partner
How to prepare for an ERP solution
We’ve previously looked at what an ERP is, why you should care and what the benefits are. Just to recap, an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system is an integrated software application that a company uses to connect its business activities across departments so that everyone is working with the same data and processes.
In this blog, we’ll look at the steps you can take in preparation for implementing an ERP system in your business. What do you need consider, and what preparation needs to be done? Let’s outline this below
With more than 350 successful implementations under our belt, we know how to help you make the move from accounting to ERP
We know that moving systems can be a real disruption to daily operations. We also know that changing from an accounting-only package to an integrated ERP gives businesses a lot more value for their investment, as well as a real competitive advantage.
In an attempt to help growing businesses in Africa maximise their systems ROI, we are providing free resources and skilled insights to empower SMEs with an array of knowledge to make better systems decisions. Our 9 step plan provides a basic framework to start the decision-making process, but we would like to encourage you to let us help you understand, quantify and implement what is best for your business now, but also that can facilitate and promote future growth.
Reach out to us and speak to an experienced technology and systems consultant:
We have asked ourselves the question “What does the future look like for ERP systems?” many times, have you?
When answering questions like “What does the future look like for ERP systems?” it is important to take a look at the past to determine if and how the past may impact the future. It is also important to find out what an ERP can do for your business.
Looking ahead, most agree that ERP development will happen in the cloud, making information more accessible, more affordable and ultimately more useful to more people. So, as ERP cloud moves in, what other ERP developments are likely to follow?