SAP Business One is one of the leading ERP solutions for smaller business that has been developed alongside these organisations to cater to their specific needs. Small and large businesses have major differences and sharing an ERP platform creates unnecessary complexity. For this reason SAP designed SAP Business One from the ground up with unique features and functions.
SAP prides itself on spending large amounts of time and money on innovation and development in order to provide its large international client base with the latest enhancements. These enhancements are geared towards business improvements and optimizations to not only increase ROI but also to increase overall business efficiency and profitability.
As always, SAP have added new functionality while also improving business processes and streamlining the infrastructure and landscape.
Bluekey recommend that you upgrade your SAP system annually. Since it is preferable to upgrade because you want to, let’s have a sneak peek at a handful of the rewards when adopting SAP Business One 9.2 (a more complete list can be found here):
- Browser Access for SAP Business One daily operation users
- The new Project Management feature lets you manage your projects more effectively from start to finish. Centralize all project related transactions, documents, resources, and activities. The feature helps you monitor the progress of tasks, stages, phases, and the overall project, analyze budget and costs, and generate reports on various aspects of the project, such as stage analysis, open issues, and resources.
- Warehouses are now considered in MRP forecasts. You can create and maintain sales forecasts for items per warehouse.
- Data ownership management has been extended to Business Partners to prevent access for users who lack permission
- You can set documents to go through an approval procedure upon update if the document was not generated upon approval. For example, if a document was generated without approval and a user subject to approval attempts to make updates to this document, an approval procedure is initiated. These updates need to be approved before being added to the document.
We’ll be contacting you in due course regarding an upgrade to 9.2, but you are also welcome to get a jump on the competition and engage with your account manager now!
Article Credit: Eugéne Nel, Account Manager, Cape Town region