Manage material requirements for multilevel production processes
Rapid technological changes are reshaping the manufacturing landscape. Automation of systems and advanced production methods have been identified as critical factors to preparing African businesses for the fourth industrial revolution. In the age of digitisation, manufacturers need new operating models to accommodate industrial automation, Big Data and advanced analytics and improved production methods. Manufacturers operate within a highly complex and demanding environment that puts strain on the business’s profitability. Therefore, companies need a robust system in place to ensure that their internal processes and systems are agile enough to adapt to market trends and changes.
Looking for a more efficient way to streamline MRP?
Common Manufacturing Pain Points
The manufacturing industry is complex and competitive which is dominated by low profit margins. Some of the pain points that manufacturers experience include:
- Complying with industry standards and regulation: Manufacturers are under constant scrutiny regarding product safety, manufacturing waste disposal and reclamation of recyclable materials.
- Inventory control: Matching supply and demand is a complex task, and manufacturers need to optimise their stock holding to keep up with customer needs.
- Customer loyalty: Growing competition results in lowered costs and improved products.
- Low asset turnover: Production problems such as poor production capacity or lax collection methods will affect profitability.
- Throughput: Ineffective and haphazard scheduling leads to production bottlenecks and delays.
SAP Business One for Manufacturing
The Manufacturing solution from SAP Business One is an affordable and easy-to-use ERP system that is designed for small to medium manufacturing enterprises. Key business functionalities are integrated and automated which improves production output while streamlining operations. This comprehensive software is able to balance supply and demand by automatically calculating the combined availability of materials and available capacity.
Physical and human resources are optimised and scheduled to maximise the throughput, which yields cost efficiencies and improves the overall production quality. Quality control issues can be detected early and adjustments can be made to maintain compliance. By capturing shop floor data, such as availability of materials or due maintenance, potential bottlenecks can be identified early and delays are minimised. This will improve customer loyalty as the estimated time-of-delivery gap is narrowed due to real-time order tracking. Inventory levels can now be tracked, and orders can be placed automatically when stock levels or materials are running low.
Want to see a demo on how integrated MRP can benefit your business?
Some of the key benefits of our Manufacturing solution include:
- Reduce cost and increase scale of manufacturing with a comprehensive application that delivers all the core functionality needed to support your operations.
- Execute compliance to industry, quality and regulatory standards with clear, transparent data throughout the supply chain.
- Expand your business and customer base with opportunity management and CRM. A complete customer view across sales, distribution and financials helps you uncover new ways to serve your customers faster and better.
- Take proactive control of your business through automatic alerts, workflows, and response to key business events and customer needs.
- Streamline your operations by seamlessly integrating key business processes such as sales, purchasing, inventory, production and financials eliminating redundant data entries and errors.
- Optimize inventory management enables you to track inventory levels and stock movements in real time to minimize out-of-stock situations, increase goods availability, and reduce inventory-carrying cost.
- Automate your systems to allow you to focus on innovation and product development to create a sustainable competitive advantage.