COMPREHENSIVE BUDGETING, REPORTING AND PROJECT CONTROL TO DRIVE EFFICIENCY AND SUCCESS
If you are like many other NGO’s, your work day is full of spreadsheets, complications, following up with case workers and employees and controlling processes. As your NGO grows, so do the challenges associated with managing its time, financials, budgets and projects. Without an integrated and automated solution, increased complexity can quickly overwhelm your current processes, giving rise to inefficiencies and inaccuracies that can lead to missed opportunities and revenue.
SAP Business One addresses your fundamental business requirements with finance, sales, CRM, Business Management, Integration and more. This functionality is further expanded for NGO’s by placing emphasis on budgeting, reporting, procurement, invoicing and project control. This provides project leaders and managers with the real-time insight they need to better maintain and control projects, grants and budgets.
The grant budget administration module allows NGO’s to budget their projects during the grant application process until submitted and approved. As opposed to typical financial budgets, grant management budgets feature a set of tools to budget at any General Ledger account level across any number of calendar months in the grantors specified currency and exchange rate. Various controls on the grant budget master data propagate to the rest of SAP Business One both in procurement and invoicing processes.
- Opportunity tracking through all opportunity stages
- Budgeting down to individual Grant level
- Manipulation of budget through Grant Opportunity stages
- Blocking of unwanted budget items at any account level
- Multiple exchange rate options for foreign currency Grantors
“SAP is a great step forward for the DTHF. The system will enhance our grant administration and management re-porting. SAP Business One will help improve project management and budget planning. In addition, the controls integral to the SAP system decrease risk and this should improve our system audits. The DTHF operates a wide variety of projects from six sites; our previous accounting system was inadequate. The change to SAP has been long overdue.” Ganief Abraham, CFO, Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation.
Procurement and Invoicing
All standard procurement processes are supported by the solution including requisitions at site level with dynamic routing capabilities for document approvals. All procurement documents are subject to an approved SAP Business One grant budget. Budget availability is shown in real time to document originators and approvers ensuring controlled spend on projects.
Grantor invoicing adheres to multi-currency requirements and typical stipulations and compliancy as set out in the grant budget master data.
A series of real-time alerts allows project leaders to take action when budget thresholds are close and recoveries have not been processed in “spend and claim” environments.
- Actual vs. Budget reporting down to any GL level
- Foreign Currency Budget vs. Actual reporting to assist with claiming of spent funds in foreign currencies
- Report groupings to summarize and compare multiple grant budgets
- Full Grant Cash flow reporting with exchange rate forecasting
- Improved Administration efficiency
- Pre-approved grant opportunity tracking
- Advanced grant and budgetary controls
- Grantor compliance
- Effective Procurement Cycle
- Spend and Claim processing
- Integrated Processes in SAP Business One
- Instant and real-time access for project managers
- Timeous invoicing of Grantors in Multi-currency
- Internal and external grant reporting in real time
- Monthly budget to expenditure reporting
- Accounting – Automatically handle all key accounting processes, such as journal entries, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Controlling (or cost accounting) – Accurately manage projects, cash flow, track budgets, and compare actual and planned figures
- Banking and reconciliation – Quickly process all reconciliations and all bank statements and payments by various methods, including checks, cash, credit cards, and bank transfers
- Financial reporting and analysis – Create a wide range of standard or customized financial reports from real-time data for business planning and audit reviews
- Reporting and administration – Access critical business information to generate timely and accurate reports
- Meet core business needs in a single, integrated software solution that can be expanded as your business grows