Bin locations in SAP Business One 9.0 allows you to manage bin locations for your warehouses.
Bin Location Related Documents
After you enable the bin location function for intended warehouses, you need to record bin locations in those warehouses for all receipts and issues of inventory, including the processing of the following documents or transactions:
- Goods receipt PO, goods return, A/P invoice, A/P credit memo, delivery, return, A/R invoice, A/R invoice + payment, A/R credit memo
- Goods receipt, goods issue, inventory transfer, inventory taking
- Receipt from production, issue for production
- Pick and Pack
During the receipt, issue, and transfer of goods, SAP Business One 9.0 lets you automate the process of allocating goods from and to bin locations. You also can perform the allocation manually.
Inventory in Bin Locations
To better manage the inventory in your bin locations, SAP Business One 9.0 enables you to do the following:
- View the information of stored items, such as the item quantity, and number of items
- Restrict the storage of your bin locations, for example, to a particular batch, item, or item group
- Restrict the use of your bin locations, for example, to receiving or issuing goods only
- Replenish the inventory in your bin locations if the inventory level falls below the minimum
Bin Location Management
To facilitate the management of Bin Locations in SAP Business One the solution supports the generation, update, and deletion of bin locations in batches.
Serials and Batches
SAP Business One 9.0 lets you maintain serials and batches in your bin locations. When you issue serials and batches from bin locations, you can decide whether you want to pick the items according to their bin locations, or their serial and batch information.SAP Business One 9.0 lets you maintain serials and batches in your bin locations. When you issue serials and batches from bin locations, you can decide whether you want to pick the items according to their bin locations, or their serial and batch information.
Receiving Bin Locations
Bin Locations in SAP Business One allows you to designate certain bin locations as receiving bin locations. When you receive goods, these goods can first be automatically placed in receiving bin locations.
You can get an overview of all bin locations, and check the inventory statuses and movements in bin locations using the following reports:
- Bin Location List
- Bin Location Content List
- Inventory Posting List
Summary of SAP Business One 9.0 Bin Locations benefits:
- Optimize stock movement
- Faster order processing
- Auto-allocation facilitates & supports different picking requirements and processes
- Increased efficiency with accelerated cycle counting
- Significantly reduce picking time
- Better manage replenishment of items
- Easier to manage reserved products
- Enhanced visibility of inventory levels
- Minimize potential risk to the inventory
- Real-time inventory positions allows enterprises to make better decisions
- Warehouse efficiency reporting provides benchmark information for KPI setting