Sound project management is the basis of all successful Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations. Bluekey provides a project management service for our own implementations. In instances where internal resources are limited we are also able to manage the entire project including customer change management. Our project managers are trained and experienced, and with 100’s of projects completed in South Africa and abroad, we have the track record to prove it.
To keep track of our projects we use SAP Business One for Consulting Companies (Project Management), which provides the resources to plan, schedule and control projects and resources.
We recognize that Project Management is central to the successful implementation of any of our solutions. We continuously improve our project management skills through regular training and interaction between our project management teams.
At a high-level, we define the course of the project through the following processes:
- Identify and establish project managers, business process owners, team leaders, stakeholders and participants
- Identify changes in operations and recommended business process changes
- Compile detailed needs analysis and specification of requirements
- Formulate a project review document with detailed plan, phasing, system design diagrams, major configuration settings and responsibilities
- Schedule and facilitate regular project meetings / steering committee meetings in which status, task lists, issue lists and time summaries are reviewed